water for sauteing
1 c. onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
3-4 c. vegetable broth
1 t. poultry seasoning*
3 c. carrots, sliced or diced
3 c. potatoes, diced
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. non-dairy milk
1 c. raw cashews
1 t. poultry seasoning
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. frozen peas**
- Saute onions and celery in water for a few minutes.
- Add broth, 1 t. poultry seasoning, and carrots and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and garbanzo beans.
- Simmer until veggies are tender but not overcooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend non-dairy milk, cashews, 1 t. poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and 1 c. broth/potato mixture. (Try to avoid carrots and garbanzos, but don't stress over a few strays.)
- Add "cream," corn, and peas to veggies.
- Serve over drop biscuits, regular or herb.
*I happened to have fresh (frozen) poultry seasoning (equal parts rosemary, thyme, sage) this time. So I put 2 T. of this in the pot and did not put additional in the blended part.
**I did not have peas, so I added an additional 1/2 c. corn.