2 c. whole wheat flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 T. nutritional yeast
3/4 c. non-dairy milk, cold
1/4 c. (heaping) applesauce
1/2 T. fresh basil*, finely chopped
1/2 T. fresh rosemary*, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients together (I include fresh herbs in "wet") and then add to dry.
- Mix until well combined, but not too long.
- Drop onto lightly greased baking sheet. (I always make 9 biscuits.)
- Allow to sit 2-3 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes.
*I've started buying these herbs, along with parsley and cilantro, fresh. I chop them up and then freeze them in recipe-friendly amounts. I've loved having them on hand!