red, purple, fingerling, or other fun potatoes
smashed potato seasoning:
1x garlic powder
1x onion powder
1/2 to 1x pepper
- Cut potatoes into fingerling sized pieces (little smaller than a golf ball).
- Boil or steam potatoes until tender. You can steam them in a pressure cooker: low pressure, 5 minutes, quick release.
- Drain potatoes and spread onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Smash potatoes with potato masher.
- Coat generously with seasoning mix.
- Broil on top rack for 10-20 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Flip potatoes and broil for another 5-15 minutes. We like them really crispy and sometimes take out the crispy ones and leave the rest in for more time.