1/2 c. onion, chopped
4 c. whole wheat bread cubes (4 thick-ish slices)
1 t. each of fresh rosemary, sage, and thyme, minced (3/4 t. poultry seasoning)
1 T. dried parsley or 3 T. fresh parsley, minced
1 T. nutritional yeast
1/2 t. salt
1 dash freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1/2 c. dried cranberries (raisins)
1/4 c. pecans or walnuts, chopped
1-2 T. soy sauce
1/2 c. boiling vegetable broth (or water)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onions in water until soft. (I added this step.)
- Meanwhile, mix bread cubes with all seasoning, celery, cranberries, and nuts.
- Strain onions and add to mixture.
- Toss/mix until well combined.
- Add soy sauce to boiling broth and pour over bread mixture, stirring to moisten completely.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.