3 sweet potatoes, peeled
1 T. fresh rosemary, chopped (about half that amount if using dried)
salt (or garlic salt)
• Preheat oven to 400°. Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
• Cube sweet potatoes. Combine potatoes and rosemary in a bowl. Transfer to cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt, spray with cooking spray, and bake at 400° for 35 minutes. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the chili.
BLACK BEAN CHILI:
⅓ c. onion, diced
⅓ c. green or red pepper, diced
⅓ c. tomatoes, diced
2 t. garlic, minced
½ t. chili powder
½ t. ground cumin
¼ t. salt
⅛ t. pepper
1 can black beans, drained
8 oz. can of tomato sauce
• In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion in water for 3 minutes to soften.
• Add the pepper and sauté an additional 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
• Add the tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings and sauté for 2 more minutes.
• Add the black beans and tomato sauce. Stir well to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Serve over cooked sweet potatoes.