This is so easy to make! I throw it together before church or when I've got a busy afternoon, and then every body is happy at dinner time! I also like it because even if I haven't been shopping in a while, I still have all of these ingredients. I got the original recipe from my friend Shelly and just substituted an extra can of beans for the chicken and simplified the rest. We usually serve with avocados and mexican rice, but it would also be great (although not low fat) with vegan sour cream.
1 Onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 T. oil (I used veggie broth)
10 oz. can enchilada sauce
8 oz. can tomato sauce
small can of chopped olives
1/2-1 can green chillies
salt to taste
pepper to taste
8 corn tortillas
1 can ranch style or chili beans
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
1 can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Saute onion and garlic in water, veggie broth, or oil.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, olives, and chillies.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix beans and corn together in a bowl.
- Place 2 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker. Layer 1/3 of sauce mixture, then 1/3 of bean mixture on top.
- Repeat above step two more times, and then top with 2 tortillas and any extra sauce.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4.