This picture doesn't do these justice! They are really good (I probably just shouldn't post until I get a good picture, but then it might never happen...) Anyway, fun to try and I've made them several times since I found the recipe here (I'll be checking her blog lots- good stuff to try!) They are a great after school snack!
1.5 to 2 cups rolled oats
1 c. pitted dates, chopped
1 c. raisins
1 t. cinnamon
- Place oats in glass bowl with cinnamon, stir together until mixed.
- Chop dates into a semi-fine mush (I used a food processor)
- Add dates to oatmeal mixture
- Add raisins (just so you know, I'm NOT a big raisin fan and I still love these)
- Oil your hands with coconut oil, water, or cooking spray and mash together (might take a while).
- Once the mixture is a dough like consistency, form them into golf ball size rounds and flatten them into a cookie.
- They are ready! Just you try to stop eating them!