Whisk together and set aside:
1/4 c. ground flax seed
1/2 c. water
1 1/4 c. water
about 1/3 c. prunes
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. applesauce
1 c. dates (loosely packed)
1 can pumpkin
2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. oats
1 T. baking powder
1 T. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
3/4 c. vegan carob (or chocolate) chips
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Whisk 1/2 c. water and flax and set aside.
- Put 1 1/4 c. water in blender. Add prunes until water rises to 1 1/2 c. (about 1/3 c. loosely packed prunes). (If you already have pureed prunes, use 1 c. of that and reduce water to 1/2 c.)
- Add remaining wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into mixing bowl or electric mixer.
- Add flax "eggs" and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.
- Fold in carob chips.
- Fill 24 muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes (Mine took 17).