1 lb whole wheat pasta, cooked al dente.
1/2 c. water
2 c. shallots or onions, chopped
1 lb. frozen peas (about 2 1/2 c.)
1 12.3-oz. pkg. firm silken tofu, pressed
1 1/2 c. non-dairy milk
1/3 c. nutritional yeast
1 head garlic, roasted*
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
1/4 c. fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan, saute onions in water until soft.
- Add peas and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Blend 2nd group of ingredients (tofu through nutmeg) until very smooth (2-3 minutes).
- Add cream mixture to onions and peas.
- Heat on low until heated through.
- Add parsley, and serve over whole wheat pasta.
*To roast garlic, peel off flaky paper stuff, leaving the whole head of garlic intact. Wrap in foil. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool. Squeeze out garlic cloves.