These definitely take care of any chocolate needs you might have. At least they do for me. The original recipe can be found here , but for a very low fat version try this one:
1 T. + 1 t. whole flax seeds
1/2 c. soymilk
3/4 c. wonderslim or baby food prunes (fat replacer)
2 c. evaporated cane juice*
2 t. vanilla
2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. cocoa powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grind the flax seeds on high in a blender until they become a powder. Add soymilk and blend for another 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl cream together oil and evaporated can juice. Add the flaxseed/soymilk mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla.
- Mix wet and dry together. Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten into disc that's about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, set them on a wire rack.
*I actually used half evaporated can juice and half super concentrated stevia (1/4 t. = 1 c. sugar) and it worked great, but if you don't have either of those you can use sugar.