This bean filling is great in burritos or anything you want beans in. We usually use it to make Mexican Pizza, and then use the leftover beans on tortillas throughout the week for a quick easy meal.
1/3 c. water
2 large onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
1 T. chili powder
1 T. ground cumin
1 T. ground coriander
4 15-oz. cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/4 to 1/2 c. enchilada sauce
- Place the water and onions in a large pan.
- Cook, stirring frequently until onions soften slightly.
- Add garlic and jalapenos, stir and cook until slightly softened.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and coriander. Mix well.
- Add the beans and tomatoes, stir and continue cooking for about 15 minutes
- Slightly mash the mixture with a bean masher while still in the pot.
- Add the enchilada sauce to taste and heat through.