This soup is adapted from this recipe-- I changed a few amounts and added some spices. It is delicious!
1/2 small white onion, chopped
1 sweet potato, small diced
1 large carrot, small diced
2 stalks celery, small diced
1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into 1/2 inch florets
4 small red potatoes, small diced
½ Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce (canned), chopped (use more or less depending on how spicy you want it)*
4 c. water
1 T. vegetable base bouillon
2 t. salt
1 t. Mrs. Dash or Spike seasoning
1 smidgen stevia
2 c. corn kernels fresh or frozen
1/2 c. soymilk
- In a large pot, sauté onion until translucent.
- Add the sweet potatoes, carrots and celery and sauté for a minute or so.
- Add the cauliflower, red potatoes and chipotle and sauté for another minute.
- Add the bouillon broth, salt, Mrs. Dash, stevia, and the rest of the water, stir to mix well. Cover and increase the heat to bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the soy milk and corn and simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Puree 2/3 or more of the soup in a blender and return to the pot, stir to mix well.
I usually serve this with freshly baked artisan bread. Maybe I'll get to posting that recipe soon.