3/4 c. sweet onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. paprika
1/2 t. cumin
2 c. water
1/3 c. almonds
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
2 T. ketchup
1 T. miso
1/2 t. salt
juice from 1/2 lime
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 c. frozen corn)
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add red bell pepper and spices and saute a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend water through lime juice until very smooth.
- Pour sauce over onions and peppers.
- Add beans and corn and stir to combine.
- Heat through.
- Serve with any or all of the garnishes.