It was really easy and quite good. I served it (of course) with leftover coconut cream.
1 c. whole pecans
1 apple, 1/4-inch diced
1/3 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. non-dairy milk
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. agave nectar
1 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 9-inch baking dish, spread a single layer of pecans and top with a layer of apple.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and non-dairy milk.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add applesauce, agave, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Dollap batter over apples and pecans, and carefully spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. (Original recipe said 30-35, but mine was a bit over done at 30 minutes. I think I'll try a few minutes less next time.)
- Remove from oven and carefully flip cake onto a platter.