|This is a normal sized cereal/soup bowl with about 1 1/2 sweet potatoes. As you can imagine, it's easy to go through LOTS of sweet potatoes this way.|
These kind of take a long time to cook, and they're gone in about 30 seconds when they're done, but they're oh-so-good and worth it!
- Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees. (Experiment in your climate, humidity, and altitude.)
- Scrub sweet potatoes; you don't need to peel them.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin, even slices. (Easiest to use a food processor or mandoline.)
- Spread slices in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for a long time (45-90 minutes, depending on temperature, thickness of slices, etc.), flipping every 10-15 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on them, and remove them as they reach the desired texture and crispiness. Some chips may be done before others.