2-3 large portabello mushrooms (or 1 lb. baby portabellos)
1 T. water
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1/2 t. dried oregano
1 1/2 T. apple juice concentrate
2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 T. soy sauce
- Trim mushroom stems flush with base of the mushroom. Discard stems (or cook them with the mushrooms).
- Combine sauce ingredients in a skillet or sauce pan with a lid.
- Warm over medium heat until bubbly.
- Place mushrooms, top side down, in the pan.
- Cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms over.
- Cook, covered, for another 5 minutes.
Here's a how-to video: