Monday, August 9, 2010
Potatoes, sliced in wedges and baked with a little bit of cooking spray and salt
Chili beans (pinto beans in a can with chili sauce)
“cheese” sauce (recipe below)
Green onions, diced
• Slice the potatoes into thin wedges and bake them until golden and slightly crispy (or use frozen “Simply Potatoes” brand of fries).
• Top potatoes with heated chili beans and then drizzle with “cheese” sauce and top with avocados and green onions.
1 c. water
⅓ c. nutritional yeast
2 T. cornstarch
1 T. flour
1 T. miso
1 t. lemon juice
¼ t. salt
¼ t. garlic powder
¼ t. paprika
¾ c. soy milk
• Place all ingredients, except soy milk, into a blender and blend until smooth.
• Pour the mixture into a small sauce pan and stir over medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken.
• Whisk in the soy milk and remove from heat.