I found the original recipe for these on McDougall's website, changed a few things, and this is the end result. We're always up for brownies!
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/3 c. cocoa powder
2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. chopped cashews or walnuts (optional)*
2 c. blended prunes*
1 c. sugar (or whatever you use)
1/4-1/2 t. stevia (or 1 c. sugar...)
2 t. vanilla
4 T. Ener-g Egg Replacer mixed in 1 c. water*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix blended prunes and sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Mix egg replacer and water together and whisk until frothy.
- Add to sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until mixed.
- Try not to eat all the batter.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9x13 pan or two 8x8 square pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes
*The walnuts in this are great- I just have to chop mine up super tiny so they disappear, otherwise my family rebels.
*To make the prune mix, put 3 cups of water in the blender and add 1 to 1.5 cups of dried prunes until the water hits the 4 cup mark. Blend until smooth. Use 2 cups for the recipe, and then you can freeze the extra or just put it in the fridge to use later. It's a great fat replacer! You can also just buy baby food prunes, but when you are using 2 cups you'd have to buy 8 because they come in 1/4 c. containers.
*Ener-g egg replacer is available at most health food stores. You can also order it on Amazon. It's way cheaper than eggs and it works great! This is what you're looking for: