1/4 c. water
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 T. garlic, minced
3 c. water
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
1 T. vegetable broth powder
1 1/2 t. poultry seasoning (or 1 t. ground sage)
1/4 t. pepper
1 T. corn starch (optional for thicker gravy)
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. water
• Saute onions and garlic in 1/4 cup water until transparent.
• Meanwhile, in a separate container, whisk together 3 cups cold* water with remaining ingredients, except for flour.
• When onions and garlic are done sauteing, whisk flour into 1/2 cup of water.** Add to onions and garlic. Whisk to prevent lumps.
• The flour, onion, garlic mixture should thicken pretty quickly. As it starts to thicken, slowly add remaining ingredients.
• Cook on medium heat until desired thickness.
*The water should be cold to prevent the corn starch from forming lumps.
**I added this step because I was tired of fighting lumps of flour when I just added the flour straight to the sauteing onions and garlic.