These roasted garlic polenta dippers are adapted from this recipe are great dipped in marinara sauce, salsa, or as a side dish with soup. We have had it several times with black bean soup. They are very tasty!
1 whole head garlic
1 Tbsp. earth balance or olive oil
1 cup uncooked polenta grits
3 cups water
salt & pepper to taste
marinara sauce or salsa
Roast garlic using the directions in this recipe.
For the polenta dippers:
- Line 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring 3 cups water to boil, add polenta grits, and stir frequently until polenta is thick and stiff. It should be difficult to stir.
- Spoon into parchment lined pan and spread it firmly and evenly to edges.
- Place in fridge for about 30 mins, or until fully chilled.
- In the last 10 minutes of chilling, preheat oven to 450.
- Remove polenta from the pan and slice into dippers. About 1 1/4 x 3 inches in size.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake for 10 mins.
- Flip and bake another 10 mins.
- Chop the roasted garlic and combine with melted earth balance or oil.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce of choice. They are also great without any dip and as a side to soup.