2 cloves garlic
2 cans black beans (2 1/2 c.), drained and rinsed
1/4 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. cornmeal
1 T. chili powder
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Process all ingredients in food processor until they stick together and form a paste.
- Spread/crumble mixture onto a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and chop up with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes more.
- Chop/crumble again.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes more.
I like it even more mixed with this ground walnut meat. Make the walnut meat and add it to the beans for the last 5 minutes of baking time.