4 c. water + 1 T. Better-than-Bullion No Chicken broth, divided (or 4 c. whatever vegetable broth you like)
3/4 c. onion, diced (1/2 onion)
1 1/2 c. carrots, diced (4 medium carrots)
1 c. celery, diced (2 stalks celery)
1 c. sweet red pepper, diced (1/2 red pepper)
3 T. whole wheat flour
1 cauliflower head, roughly chopped
2 T. dried parsley (1/4 c. fresh)
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 c. non-dairy milk
6 oz. soft silken tofu (1/2 box)
1/2 c. raw cashews
2 T. nutritional yeast
1 T. lime juice
1 t. salt
- Saute onions in 1/2 c. broth.
- Add carrots, celery, and sweet red pepper. Saute for a few more minutes.
- Whisk 3 T. flour into 1/2 c. broth and add to sauteing vegetables. Combine and stir until broth has thickened and evenly coats veggies (happens very quickly).
- Add cauliflower and parsley and saute for another few minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking/burning.
- Add remaining 3 c. broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then simmer 15 minutes, or until veggies are desired tenderness.
- Meanwhile, blend non-dairy milk through salt until very creamy (and warm if you have a high-speed blender).
- When veggies are tender, turn off heat and add cream.
- Let soup sit, covered, for 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, to allow flavors to blend.