But, these pumpkin molasses cookes, inspired by Mama Pea's pumpkin molasses cookie dough balls, were SOOO good. And, 'tis the season for pumpkin, so I couldn't put off posting this one. I was a bit skeptical at first, because I love our ginger snaps so much, but these are seriously good!
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. ginger
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
3/4 t. salt
1/3 c. pureed prunes
2/3 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. sucanat
1/4 c. molasses
1/4 c. evaporated cane juice, for rolling
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cream together wet ingredients and sucanat, using an electric or stand mixer.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet. Mix until a dough comes together.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll dough into balls and roll in evaporated cane juice.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten them into rounds or leave as balls (like Mama Pea).
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet.
Note: These, of course, are delicious with some coconut cream!