I got this recipe from my friend Diana. It is great for a sweet treat!
2 T. cornstarch
4 T. water
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 c. water
1 c. sugar or 3/4 c. honey*
- Mix cornstarch with 4 T. water. Set aside
- Put cocoa, 1 c. water, sugar, and salt in saucepan
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Keep stirring.
- Using a whisk to stir, slowly add cornstarch mixture to boiling cocoa mixture. You probably won't need all of it, just add enough to thicken. If you make it too thick, just add water until you reach the right consistency.
I put this on sliced bananas with chopped pecans (or walnuts, almonds, etc.). It would also be good on ice cream.
* I made this with a half cup evaporated cane juice and 1/4 t. stevia and it worked great. I tried it with 1/2 t. stevia and no evaporated cane juice, and it didn't taste as good, so I'll have to mess with it more.